Also In case you’re wondering, “iflix service,” “our service” or “the service” means the amazing iflix service can be used to discover (and actually watch!) movies & TV shows, including all other bits and bobs, features and functionalities, website, and user interfaces, plus all content and software associated with our service. Now that that’s all clear, let’s play!
The iflix service is provided by iflix Ltd., or one of its affiliated companies (“iflix”).
3. Getting In Touch
4. Privacy Stuff
5. Member’s Corner and Payment
- Ongoing Membership. You must have internet access and provide iflix with a current, valid, accepted method of payment (as may be updated from time to time, “Payment Method”) to use the iflix service. If you don’t have internet access and still wish to pay us money every month, hey that’s OK too, but you won’t enjoy what we do very much. If you choose a monthly membership, your iflix membership will continue in effect on a period-to-period basis unless and until you cancel your membership or we terminate it, Arnold. We will bill the membership fee to your Payment Method every 31 days. You must cancel your membership before it renews every 31 days in order to avoid billing of the next period’s membership fees to your Payment Method. #obvi. If you choose an annual membership, your membership will end at the end of the current 365-day period unless you make another payment through a Payment Method before the end of the current period. Should iflix not receive a payment before the end of the current period, your membership will end at the end of the current period and will only resume once you make a payment through a Payment Method. In this case, your next period will begin on the day iflix receives payment through the Payment Method, not 28 days later in accordance with nature.
- Differing Memberships. We may offer a number of membership plans, including special promotional plans or memberships with differing conditions and limitations. We reserve the right to call the membership plan whatever we want and you have the option to subscribe to the “Emperor of the Seven Seas” plan when it is available. You can find specific details regarding your membership with iflix by visiting our website and clicking on the “Setting” page. Some promotional memberships are offered by third parties in conjunction with the provision of their own products and services. We are not responsible for the products and services provided by such third parties, but if they are awesome we don’t mind some credit. We reserve the right to modify, terminate or otherwise amend our offered membership plans. We also reserve the right to randomly begin dancing.
5.2 Trial Membership
Once in a while, we may offer trials for a certain period without payment (“Trial Membership”). We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to confirm if you’re suitable for a Trial Membership. We may also withdraw or to modify a Trial Membership at any time without notice to you and with no liability to the widest extent permitted under Local Country Law. If we feel you’re abusing our awesome trial or promotional offer, we may at our discretion decide to charge for them based on the standard fee for in your country. So, don’t abuse it and all will be well.
You may choose to begin subscription to a monthly or annual membership before your Trial Membership expires. In this case, your monthly or annual membership will begin when you make a payment, and you agree to forgo the remaining period of your Trial Membership. You may also choose to begin subscription to a monthly or annual membership precisely when, or after your Trial Membership expires. Your monthly or annual membership will still begin when you make a payment. To view the specific details of your membership, including monthly or annual membership price and end date of your Trial Membership period, visit the “Settings” page. We may authorize your Payment Method through various methods (although we usually don’t), including authorizing it up to approximately one month of service as soon as you register. In short, no money, no honey.
- Recurring Billing. By starting your monthly membership and providing or designating a Payment Method, you authorize us to charge you a periodic membership fee at the then current rate of your selected membership, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the iflix service to your Payment Method. We will not be permitted to buy gifts for friends using your Payment Method. We may discuss you buying us coffee. You acknowledge that the amount billed for each billing period may vary from period to period for reasons that may include differing amounts due to promotional offers, including promotional code redemption, and/or changing or adding a plan, and you authorize us to charge your Payment Method for such varying amounts, which may be billed per billing period in one or more charges.
- No Refunds. Payments are nonrefundable and iflix does not commit to provide refunds or credits for any reason, including partially used periods. However, we have a person on staff called “The Decider” who says we retain the right to provide to provide a refund, discount, or other consideration at any time, and for any reason, to some or all of our members (“credits”), if The Decider wants to. The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion and may depend on lots of things we aren’t too sure about. The decision by The Decider to provide credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to ask The Decider to provide you credits in the future, under any circumstance. Unless The Decider decides.
- Cancellation. Whilst we are sure it is likely to be a source of great regret, feel free to feel free and you can cancel your iflix membership at any time. If you regrettably cancel, you’ll still be able to watch our incredible content on iflix until the end of your billing period (See! We’re really not that mean!) We don’t provide refunds or credits for any unused partial month membership periods, unwatched movies or TV shows. If you have subscribed to a monthly membership, you will need to cancel your membership on the “Settings” page of our website. If you have subscribed to an annual membership, simply wait for your membership period to expire, like watching paint dry, only with better actors. If you cancel your membership, your account will SHUT DOWN at the end of your current billing period and you won’t be able to access our content anymore. To see when your membership plan will expire, visit the “Settings” page. If you signed up for iflix using your account with one of our special third party partners as a Payment Method, and want to cancel your iflix membership, you might need to cancel via them, including by visiting your account with that third party and turning off any auto-renew, or unsubscribing from, iflix. If you need to check on any billing information, visit your account with the applicable third party and then… LET’S PARTY.
You can watch a movie or TV show on iflix if we are available in the country in which you’ve registered your account and if we’ve licensed the rights to distribute our content in that country. But that’s super complicated stuff, so we won’t bore you with it. Like food you consume, the content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location. We will use our top-secret technologies to verify your geographic location, just like in the movies. We authorize you to access content on up to five (5) approved, registered devices and to stream content to two (2) approved, registered devices at any time for personal, non-commercial purposes. The number of devices available for use and the simultaneous streams may change from time to time at our discretion, but we think 5 and 2, like the diet, is pretty effective.
In some cases, for super-special movies or TV shows, we may at our sole discretion provide you with a time-bound license that allows you to download, temporarily store and access one or more content titles on one (1) approved, registered device for personal, non-commercial purposes for up to seven (7) days. After the seven-day period has lapsed, you will no longer be able to access the content offline. Oh no! But wait! To access the content offline, you will need to download the content from the iflix service again. Oh yes! You acknowledge that if during such downloaded period (a) you stop using iflix; (b) the distributor from whom iflix licenses the content requires iflix to withdraw the content (meaning we can’t stream it anymore); you may not be able to continue to access some of the content downloaded as it may self destruct, and, to the full extent permitted by law, in that event iflix will not have any liability to you.
Because we are so hip and happening, we do make it a point to always add stuff into the iflix service, including the content library. We totally understand your insatiable appetite for fresh meat/things to watch. On top of that, we continually test different aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, service levels, plans, promotional features, availability of content, delivery and pricing. Sometimes these tests are in the form of written examination and often, in multiple answer format. Sometimes we just poke them to see what happens. We reserve the right to, and by using our service you agree that we may, include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice. Please don’t be alarmed if you suddenly get poked. That’s just us doing random testing’s. With that said, we can 100% confirm that there will be no animal testing. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time and without notice in how we offer and operate our service.
The awesomeness that is our content will change from time to time, and from country to country. Some will be good and you will enjoy them. Some will not. The quality of the display of the streaming content may vary from PC to PC or device to device (depending on where you’re streaming iflix from!), and may be affected by a bunch of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available and/or speed of your Internet connection. HD availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. Not all content is available in HD. A download speed of at least 5.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive HD content, which is defined as 720p or better. That would be really awesome and your Internet connection would have to be really fast. You are solely responsible for all Internet access charges, where applicable. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. iflix will not be held accountable or hold any promises (pinky swears included) for the quality of your watching experience on your display. The time it takes to begin watching a piece of content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the content you have selected, the configuration of your iflix -approved device and how nice you are to your device. We try to give compliments to our machines at least once a day here at iflix. It works, REALLY.
The streaming software that we use is developed in a top-secret facility by parties that will not be named and is designed to enable streaming of content from iflix through iflix-approved devices. Everything from the software to functionalities may vary by device and medium. Meaning, nothing will totally, 100% look similar across the different users. By using iflix, you acknowledge and agree to the End User License Agreement and to receive, without further notice or prompting, updated versions of iflix and related third-party software. If you do not accept the foregoing terms, do not use our service. Or just accept them and use it. We do not take responsibility or otherwise warrant the performance of these devices, including the continuing compatibility of the device with our service. This is something you’ll need to take up with your device provider. By using our service, you agree to only bug the entity that manufactured and/or sold you the device for any issues related to the device and its compatibility with the iflix service. If your iflix-approved device is sold, lost or stolen (sorry to hear that), please call the police, tell your friends to re-add you on your instant messenger of choice and deactivate the iflix-approved device. If you fail to log out of your device, subsequent users may access and take advantage of the iflix service through your account and may be able to access certain of your account information or see just how many romantic movies you watched last weekend. Yup, no questions asked.
If you are fearful for the innocence of your younger family members, particularly when it comes to stuff they watch on iflix, you may limit the maturity level of content titles viewable (e.g. available for their children) with our Parental Control feature, which is accessible from the “Settings” page on the iflix website. We take no responsibility for members’ maturity levels in general.
7. Accessing And Controlling Your Account
The Account Owner AKA the person footing the bill (whose Payment Method is charged) AKA the member who created the iflix account has access and control over the iflix account… OBVIOUSLY. The way said Account Owner controls the account is exercised through use of the Account Owner’s mighty password and therefore to maintain exclusive control, the Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone, not even your BFFs. In addition, if the Account Owner wishes to prohibit others from contacting iflix and potentially altering the Account Owner’s control, the Account Owner should not reveal their email address associated with their account, even if it might be easy to guess. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
Identity theft is a real thing. So you should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. If you’re not sure, get in touch and we’ll tell you if it’s legit or not. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft and has been sometimes called “Phishing”, in what is a decidedly cool sounding name for a decidedly dastardly practice. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the iflix website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. iflix reserves the right to self-defense and place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. iflix is not obligated to credit or discount a membership for holds placed on the account by either a representative of iflix or by the automated processes of iflix.
Further to the impersonation issue and also in order to make it a breeze for you to access your account as well as to help administer the iflix service, iflix may implement technology that enables us to recognize you as the Account Owner and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the iflix service, which may include accessing via iflix-approved devices or website. We are experimenting with retina scans, voice identification and secret handshakes. Who knows where we will end up?
8. Social Terms
You may choose to sign up for an iflix account using Facebook. To unlink your account from Facebook, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that by choosing to connect your iflix account to social media sites, including Facebook or to use our social features, you are agreeing to these social terms (“Social Terms”) and are consenting to the collection, use and sharing of information about you with us and others, such as your name, location and contact information, birthdate, gender, and other information.
9. General Disclaimer of Warranties And Limitations.
Covering our butts: We are not perfect. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we endeavor to provide the best service we can. iflix and all content and software associated with the service, or any other features or functionalities associated with us, are provided “as is” with all faults and without warranty of any kind. There will be no guarantees to represent, or warrant that your use of iflix will be uninterrupted or error-free. iflix specifically disclaims liability for the use of applications, iflix-approved devices, and iflix software (including their continuing compatibility with our service). Phew!!
To the extent permissible under applicable laws, in no event shall iflix, or its subsidiaries or any of their shareholders, directors, officers, employees or licensors be liable (jointly or severally) to you for personal injury or any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever. Double phew!
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain types of damages. Therefore, some of the above limitations in this section may not apply to you. In which case, you can ignore everything above, lucky you.
From time to time, iflix may introduce special offers, rewards, vouchers, gift certificates, payment plans and Trial Memberships, which may be subject to specific terms and conditions. You might get your hands on one of these and that would please us greatly.
11. Copyright Infringements
- Copyright. Iflix respects the rights of intellectual property owners. And in this case, OURS. The iflix service, including all content provided on the iflix service, and all iflix interfaces created for devices including text, graphics, logos, designs, photographs, button icons, images, audio/video clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software and its compilation is the property of iflix or its suppliers and is protected by copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Trademarks. iflix is a registered trademark of iflix Pte Ltd.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. If for whatever reason you believe your work has been reproduced or distributed in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of any infringing material available through the iflix service, please notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.
12. How We Use The Information You Give Us
And that, thankfully, is that.
13. Choice of Law
You may also be entitled to certain consumer protection rights under the laws of your local jurisdiction. You may also be entitled to a pat on the back for all your hard work and good looks.
14. Customer Support
Some of the hyperlinks provided through the iflix service may lead to other websites or interfaces that are not controlled by or affiliated with iflix. In general, that’s what hyperlinks do. It is a rabbit hole. In addition, other websites or interfaces may link to the iflix service, and for that we thank them. But iflix has not reviewed such websites or interfaces and is not responsible for their content or privacy policies.
16. Arbitration Clause
If push comes to shove and a standoff is in order, you and iflix agree that each may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. Further, unless both you and iflix agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. The arbitrator is almost Optimus Prime.
17. Entire Agreement
Please note, however, that other aspects of your use of the iflix service may be governed by additional agreements.
Occasionally we may offer you the chance to participate in sweepstakes. We believe they come from the 80s. We may also offer you the chance to participate in contests, and surveys (“Special Promotions”) through the iflix service. Special Promotions may be governed by terms and conditions that are separate from these Terms. If the provisions of a Special Promotion’s terms and conditions conflict with these Terms, those separate terms and conditions shall prevail.
Should any provision of the Terms be held invalid or unenforceable for any reason or to any extent, such invalidity or enforceability shall not in any manner affect or render the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions that shall remain in full force and effect. And you thought severability involved a mountaineer, a canyon in Utah, 127 hours and a pocketknife.
19. Contacting Us
The Playground, Suite 19.01, Centrepoint North, Mid Valley City, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Attention: Legal Counsel.
Read more here.