Thank you for using iflix! We respect your concerns about privacy and appreciate your trust and confidence in us.
What information do we need to provide the Services?
If you register an account to use the Service then we will need some information from you to set this up. If you choose to set up your profile using a social media account, such as Facebook, we also collect information, including contact details, gender and birth date, from that social media account when you link it with iflix. If you choose, you can provide certain other optional information to set up your account and/or to enable certain Service features. If you need to get in touch with us then we will also retain some information so that we can get back in touch with you and address any concerns. More Information.
How will we use your information?
We use your information to provide the many functions and services that comprise the Service. We also use your information for account verification, security purposes and to support and improve the Service.
Who do we share your information with?
We do not share your information with any third parties, except where we need to in order to provide the Service (e.g., use local cloud providers or to back up your data; using our affiliates around the world to help us to deliver the Service) or monitor the success of our marketing and advertising programs, or we are instructed to by a court, authority or compelled by law. More Information.
Where do we process your information?
How long do we keep hold of your information?
How can I exercise my rights over my information?
Depending on where you are, you may have certain rights with respect to your information, such as rights of access, to receive a copy of your data, or to delete your data or restrict or object to our processing of your data. More Information.
How to get in touch with us
How will we notify you of changes?
Image Future Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Welcome to iflix!
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal information: you can contact us anytime at email@example.com.
1. The Types of Personal Information We Use
This section describes the different types of personal information we collect from you and how we collect it. If you would like to know more about specific types of data and how we use that data, please see the section entitled “How we use your personal information” below.
The following is a high level summary of the types of personal information we use:
- Information you provide to us (either directly or through a third party).
- Account registration information: You give us information about you when you set up an account to register for the Service: your name, email address, phone number, profile picture, gender, birth date and login details. If you choose to register for the Service using your Facebook account, your information from your social media account, including your username, profile picture, gender and birth date.
- Customer support and feedback information: Relevant information that you voluntarily provide to us when you communicate with our customer service, when you give us reviews or feedback, set preferences on the “Settings” page of the Service or otherwise provide information to us through the Service.
- Survey information: When you participate in a survey in the Service or marketing promotions (in which case we will process the information you provide to us as part of the survey or marketing promotion, including your email address, birth date, gender, and information from your Facebook account, including your username, profile picture, gender and birth date, should you choose to log in via your Facebook account.
- Information about you generated as part of the Service
We automatically collect certain data from you when you use the Service, namely:
- Your IP address, Open ID and device information, including device ID, the device you use to access the Service (e.g. computer, gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices etc.) and its type and configuration, connection information;
- Information regarding your use of the Service, such as statistics on page views, referral URLs and ad data;
- User log and running log information (i.e. log information on all the actions that you conduct when using the Service);
- Each time you interact with us, for example, if you contact our customer support team, we collect information including your name, date and time of contacting customer support, chat transcripts with customer support, your phone number (if you call us), Open ID, device ID, application version, battery level, WiFi strength, free space on device, iOS version, platform, network type, carrier, country code, and details of the ticket and error. You also have the option of providing your email address and a photo to illustrate the error;
- Your search history on iflix, including what content you select, what videos you watch and what videos you almost watched on iflix;
- If you click on a link that advertises the Service, we store the advertising ID for that advertisement and marketing analytics data (e.g. device ID, engagement data and search terms) with your profile;
- if you choose a paid subscription for the Service, we collect transaction information to facilitate your paid subscription and to maintain transaction records (Open ID, cost, product purchased, IP address, device details and, if it is a web-based transaction, your email address); and
- When you are using the Service, our security feature collects (in addition to the categories of data listed above) device information including a list of installed hack software, equipment brand and model, available space on the device, and information about your internet connection including the type (WiFi/4G/3G).
We do not collect your credit card details (name, credit card number, expiry date and billing address), which will be collected by third party payment processors instead (for example, if you choose to subscribe via in-app purchase).
For more information about our Cookies policy, click here.
Children must not use the Service for any purpose, except where their parent or guardian has provided consent (to the extent this option is available in your jurisdiction).
By children, we mean users under the age of 18 years old; or in the case of a country where the minimum age for processing personal information differs, such different age. For users located in certain countries we have listed the relevant minimum age in the table below.
|Country in which the user is located||Minimum age of the user|
If you believe that we have personal information of a child under these ages without parental/guardian consent, or if you are the parent or guardian of the user and wish to withdraw consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete such information.
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
This section provides more detail on the types of personal information we collect from you, and why.
|Personal Information||Purpose of Use|
|If you choose to register via creating a new account: name, email address, phone number, profile picture, gender, birth date and login details||We use this information to create your account for the Service in accordance with your request and for account verification and security check. We also use your name and profile picture for when you choose to upload videos on iflix.|
|If you choose to log in via your Facebook account: information from your Facebook account, including your username, profile picture, gender and birth date||We use this information to create your account for the Service in accordance with your request.|
|Customer support and feedback information: Relevant information that you voluntarily provide to us when you communicate with our customer service, when you give us reviews or feedback, set preferences on the “Settings” page of the Service or otherwise provide information to us through the Service||We use this information to provide:|
· Troubleshooting, such as addressing and remediating technical issues and bugs; and/or
· Administering customer support services to you.
|Survey information: Information that you provide to us as part of the survey or marketing promotion||If you agree to participate in a survey or marketing promotion run by us, we use this information to improve our services.|
|Open ID||We use this information to store your Service data with your account.|
|IP Address||We use this information to allow you to connect to our server.|
|Device Information: Device ID, the device you use to access the Service (e.g. computer, gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices etc.) and its type and configuration, connection information||We use this information:|
· To improve our services, including the functionality of the Service;
· For security and verification purposes;
· To identify and address bugs and assess game function for optimisation.
|Information regarding your use of the Service, such as statistics on page views, referral URLs and ad data||We use this information to:|
· Improve the accuracy of advertising display and service delivery;
· Enable better content selection for you; and
· Train our algorithm for content recommendation to ensure you see content that may interest you.
|User log and running log information: log information on all the actions that you conduct when using the Service||We use this information to:|
· Verify your subscription status;
· Update watching history of same account across multiple platforms;
· Provide you with personalised recommendations on the Service;
· Improve the accuracy of advertising display and service delivery; and
· Train our algorithm for content recommendation to ensure you see content that may interest you.
|Customer support log information: name, date and time of contacting customer support, chat transcripts with customer support, your phone number (if you call us), Open ID, device ID, application version, battery level, WiFi strength, free space on device, iOS version, platform, network type, carrier, country code, and details of the ticket and error, and email address and photo (if you provide us this to illustrate the error).||We use this information to:|
· Provide troubleshooting, such as addressing and remediating technical issues and bugs; and
· Administer customer support services to you.
|Search information: your search history on iflix, including what content you select, what videos you watch and what videos you almost watched on iflix||We use this information to improve our Service, including the functionality of the Service.|
|Advertising ID and marketing analytics data (e.g. device ID, engagement data and search terms)||If you click on a link or interact with content that advertises the Service, we store the advertising ID for that advertisement and certain marketing analytics data with your profile.|
|Transaction Records: (Open ID, cost, product purchased, IP address, device details, email address (if web-based transaction))||We use this information to facilitate your paid subscription and to maintain a record of your transaction history.|
|Security-Related Information: list of hack or cheating software, device operation system settings, device information including mobile phone brand, model, CPU structure, CPU model, kernel version, resolution.||We use this information to:|
· Provide a fair environment;
· Solve crashes and optimize compatibility.
3. How We Store and Share Your Personal Information
In addition, our support, engineering and other teams are located in our offices around the world (including Hong Kong and the PRC) and will have access to your information.
Only where necessary will we share your personal information with third parties. Situations where this occur are:
- Third parties that provide services in support of the Service, including (i) iflix support staff who assist to provide you with the Service; (ii) our marketing partners who may offer marketing promotions to you during your use of the Service; (iii) service providers who assist with providing marketing, advertising, communications, messaging, infrastructure and IT services, to personalise and optimise the Service, to provide customer support and to administer customer surveys; (iv) Apple Pay and Google Pay, our payment processors for the purposes of processing payment and to process and limit fraud in connection with your payment method; and (v) AWS, a cloud service provider, for the purpose of providing us with platform, cloud storage, video transcoding and video streaming services in order to support the Service. All companies providing services for us are prohibited from retaining, using, or disclosing your personal information for any purpose other than providing us with their services.
- Regulators, judicial authorities and law enforcement agencies, and other third parties for safety, security, or compliance with the law. There are circumstances in which we are legally required to disclose information about you to authorities, such as to comply with a legal obligation or processes, enforce our terms, address issues relating to security or fraud, or protect our users. These disclosures may be made with or without your consent, and with or without notice, in compliance with the terms of valid legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. We are usually prohibited from notifying you of any such disclosures by the terms of the legal process. We may seek your consent to disclose information in response to a governmental entity’s request when that governmental entity has not provided the required subpoena, court order, or search warrant. We may also disclose your information to:
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- A third party that acquires all or substantially all of us or our business. We may also disclose your information to third parties if we either: (a) sell, transfer, merge, consolidate or re-organise any part(s) of our business, or merge with, acquire or form a joint venture with, any other business, in which case we may disclose your data to any prospective buyer, new owner, or other third party involved in such change to our business; or (b) sell or transfer any of our assets, in which case the information we hold about you may be sold as part of those assets and may be transferred to any prospective buyer, new owner, or other third party involved in such sale or transfer.
The Security of Your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the privacy and integrity of your personal information no matter where it is stored. We have information security and access policies that limit access to our systems and technology, and we protect data through the use of technological protection measures such as encryption.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement and maintain reasonable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted to our services; therefore we do not assume any responsibility for any transmission of your information which you do at your own risk.
4. Data Retention
We do not keep your data for longer than is necessary unless we are required to do so under law. For further details on how long we keep your data, please refer to the time periods set out below.
|Personal Information||Retention Policy|
|Account registration information|
Customer support and feedback information
IP address, Open ID and device information
Information regarding your use of the Service (e.g. statistics)
User log and running log information
Customer support log information
Search history information
Advertising ID and marketing analytics data
|Stored for the lifetime of your use of iflix.|
|Cookies||Stored in accordance with the Cookies policy.|
If we are required to retain your information beyond the retention periods set out above, for example to comply with applicable laws, we will store it separately from other types of personal information.
5. Your Rights
Some jurisdictions’ laws grant specific rights to users of the Service, which are set out in this section.
You have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, depending on where you are located. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may from time to time send you announcements when we consider it necessary to do so (for example, when we temporarily suspend access to the Service for maintenance, or security, privacy or administrative-related communications). You may not opt-out of these service-related announcements, which are not promotional in nature.
You may choose to stop receiving personalised advertising or marketing promotions from us when using the Service by clicking here, following the opt out instructions included in the Settings section of iflix or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Contact & Complaints
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal information, please contact us in the first instance at email@example.com and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the data protection authority in the country in which you live or work where you think we have infringed data protection laws.